Get to know your designer, Lindsey!
What is your favorite brand and why?I’m obsessed with Madewell. They have such a great look and are also making steps towards being sustainable through recycled denim, which I love! Their branding is on point, their brand language is genius, and they sell quality clothing that’s classic in design. If I had to choose one brand that sums me up as a designer and as a person, this would be it.
It seems like you are always on the move! What’s your favorite weekend getaway trip?There’s so many to choose from! I would have to say Orange County. My boyfriend’s family lives there and since I’m so far from my family in Utah, it’s a really nice place to go home to. PLUS, they feed me, so that’s a giant plus!
Word around the office is you’re a huge Crock-Pot advocate. What’s a good recipe you recommend everyone tries?I love my Crock-Pot!! I’m super busy, so cooking with a Crock-Pot is my go-to and makes my life so much easier. One of my favorite and easiest recipes is for a Slow Cooker Green Chili Chicken Soup. It’s healthy, cheap, and all of the ingredients can be found at Trader Joes! Ingredients:
- 1 ½ lb. boneless skinless chicken
- 2 cans Great Northern beans
- 1 can yellow corn
- 1 4-5 oz. can chopped green chillies
- 2 14 oz. cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- Optional: ½ cup sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- Optional toppings: avocado, cheese, greek yogurt, cilantro or green onions
- Place the raw chicken in crockpot
- Top with beans, chilies, corn and the taco seasoning
- Add in the chicken broth
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours
- When finished, break up all the chicken with two forks
- Optional: Stir in a ½ cup of sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- Top with avocado, thinly sliced green onions or cilantro, greek yogurt and a sprinkle of cheese. Enjoy!