We are looking for a Director of Finance and Accounting to join our team! We are a quickly growing Brand agency that is full of opportunities for a skilled finance professional to come in and help us scale the business, while building a foundation for our accounting and finance department.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop an internal process to support the following areas: accounting and finance, business planning, and budgeting. If you are organized, strategic, and good with numbers then this is the job for you. We are looking for someone that can manage the day-to-day accounting and finance needs of the agency, but that enjoys being a part of strategic decision making around staffing and business needs as we grow.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures.
- Plan, organize and coordinate the year-end close process with outside consultants and tax firm; ensure successful completion of the company’s tax filings.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the management team; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management / reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements. This includes managing Accounts Receivable and Payable.
- Work with the President and account managers to prepare and send monthly client invoices.
- Work with COO and President to manage staffing needs from a finance perspective; This role will be the lead on managing what hiring needs the agency has based on business growth and new contracts.
- As the business grows, hiring, training and retaining competent accounting staff.
Skills and Qualifications
- You are highly motivated: You are a self-starter and strategic thinker that wants to be a part of growing something. Your constant desire to learn will help get you and us there.
- You are passionate: All Raindroppers, from top to bottom, are passionate about the work that we do and the relationships we build with our clients and each other every day.
- You are a critical thinker: We are a fast-paced agency, growing even faster, and need team members that are ready to hit the ground running on day 1.
- Other Helpful Skills: Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks Accounting software
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience.
- Candidates should have comprehensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
Salary: $75,000-$82,000 DOE
This is a full-time salary position with benefits (Healthcare, Dental and Life Insurance)
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.