FULL TIME / IN HOUSE / SAN DIEGO, CA
REPORTS TO CHIEF STRATEGY OFFICER
We are looking for a Director of People Operations to invest in and drive strategy around operations, employee engagement, recruiting, and team development. This is an incredible opportunity to develop into a genuine people leader across a growing creative agency.
A successful candidate in this role is someone who is creative, strategic, hands-on, and has a genuine interest in developing our people and processes in order to create a highly engaged culture of do-ers and thinkers. You have a curious interest in organizational design, operations, and progressive people strategies, and have the experience to implement effective processes, tools, and behaviors to build a unique people-centric and value-based experience for everyone.
- Continue to evolve agency work processes as the company grows. Work with departments to adjust or create new workflows and implement them company-wide.
- Manage time tracking policy and process. Work with Director of Finance and Accounting and senior teams to increase profitability, track resources, and create accurate project estimates.
- Oversee IT needs and create new operational processes as needs arise.
- Directly manage Operations Coordinator, including but not limited to overseeing workflow and assigning projects.
Training and Development
- Continue to evolve internal training and development programs to grow our team’s capabilities and drive employee retention.
- Oversee the performance management process and provide guidance to leaders on their employee reviews and evaluations.
- Track and monitor all employees’ growth plans. Update with milestones and changes.
Culture and Employee Engagement
- Act as the first point of contact for people-related concerns for all employees.
- Monitor and gather feedback on employee satisfaction on a regular basis.
- Build employee loyalty through creative recognition and incentive strategies.
- Develop and drive strategy to hire top talent into our company that promotes diversity and equality.
- Work with Director of Finance and Accounting to identify hiring needs. Gather input from managers and develop job descriptions.
- Conduct phone screenings, schedule interviews, and lead post-interview recaps with interviewing teams. Manage the offer process for candidates.
- Actively emerge yourself in the agency community and at local universities to act as an ambassador for Raindrop for us to attract the right talent.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in operations or a similar role at a creative agency.
- 2+ years of direct people management.
- Experience in scaling a growing organization.
- Experience with Asana, Dropbox, TimeCamp a plus.
- Empathetic and open-minded with a high level of emotional intelligence. Ability to build relationships, coach, and work with diverse personalities.
- Ability to work independently, both on longer-term strategic initiatives and on day-to-day operations.
Salary & Perks
- $70,000-$80,000 DOE
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) plan
- 10 paid days off to start, plus holidays
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.