FULL TIME / SAN DIEGO, CA
Raindrop is a fast-growing agency located in the heart of Little Italy. We are looking for a Senior Director of Media Planning & Buying to join our team. This role will be leading our growing media department. This is an opportunity to be a part of building a well-rounded team, to lead media strategy for all agency clients and to be a part of a vibrant and growing culture.
You’ll be responsible for driving strategy, buying/vendor relationships, senior-level client interactions and managing a team of 5+ employees. This is a new role at Raindrop as we continue to grow and expand our service offerings. We are looking for someone that is excited to help lead and develop the Media team at Raindrop.
We are looking for someone with both Digital and Traditional experience in media planning and buying. Our clients are looking for national support with digital channels such as SEM, paid social, digital display, OTT and regional support for traditional offline media such as broadcast and OOH. This role will be managing and overseeing hires that are specialists in each category, but will be expected to “talk the talk” and be able to drive senior level strategy for clients and the agency. Initially, the media team will be overseeing planning and buying for $5M-$10M in annual media budgets, but this is likely to continue to grow.
If you love media, want to be a part of shaping a growing culture and get excited about leading a department, then this is the role for you!
- Leading media strategy across all channels for agency clients
- Partnering with client and agency leadership to build media plans that will match the goals of each client
- Leading communications and partnerships with traditional media outlets, media buyers, ad networks, etc.
- Bringing vision and forward-thinking ideas to the table to help ensure that the media department stays on the front of current trends and best practices
Employee Management & Culture
- Oversee a team of 5+ employees, that will likely be growing rapidly over the next few years
- This will include monthly check-ins, annual reviews, feedback, overview work and performance, etc.
- Support in hiring new roles and identifying needs as the agency grows
- Be a thriving member of the Raindrop culture and instill the company values into junior team members
Billing and Finances
- Work with the finance department to manage PO’s, invoices, tear sheets, make-goods, cash flow, etc.
- Support C-Suite with strategy and management of client billables, scoping new work and client invoicing
- Work with C-Suite team during new business meetings and conversations to develop strategies and pricing for potential new clients
Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years of relevant experience in paid media (Traditional and Digital)
- BA Degree in Marketing, Math, Analytics, Communications, Psychology, English or any relevant field
- Analytical and life-long learner
- Experience managing a Media Department and team
Compensation and Perks
- $90,000-$120,000 DOE
- 401(k) plan
- Health, dental, and life insurance benefits
- A supportive, energetic, and creative work environment
- 10 paid days off, plus holidays
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.